Kurbijkurne forums: Soli tuvāk fantāzijai

Laipni lūdzam, viesi ( Pieteikties | Reģistrēties )

> Talking about Tolkien - forum rules (noteikumi)

Foruma pamatvaloda – angļu. Ja nepieciešams, palīdzību tulkošanā vari lūgt modiem.

Communication on this forum – basically in English.

Šiame forume bendraujama angliškai.

Käesolevas foorumis toimub suhtlus inglise keeles.

> Slimarillion translations., Common problems in latvian and lithuania
Starlin
iesūtīt 31.01.2005 17:05
Raksts #1

Izrāda pirmās maģijas pazīmes

Grupa: Biedri
Pievienojās: 31.01.05

This topic is split from discussion about Silmarillion translation. Please keep the non-latvian part of the discussion here.

Khem cool.gif

Sorry to butt in (and sorry to be butting in in English - I hardly understood enough Latvian to register here). I am Starlin, and I am Lithuanian. I stumbled on this messageboard accidentally and since it is the first Latvian tolkienian MB (at least half of it) I encounter on the web, I decided to join in. Why and why this thread? Because, as a founder and proud member of the so-far largest Lithuanian tolkienist community (to be found at www.tolkien.tinkle.lt), I also belong to a group which is translating the Sil into Lithuanian. We've encountered many problems (and believe me, one should first consider many things and rules before translating Tolkien - that's what we call "the great system of translation") but now we have got fairly well-translated Ainulindale, Valaquenta and Beren & Luthien (actually, I've got more on my compy, though it hasn't made its way to the messageboard. Yet. And there are some texts which are not from the Sil). It's slow but it's high quality rolleyes_a.gif So, what am I driving at? First of all, it'd be really great to get to know some Latvian tolkienists (I haven't met many on the net; in fact, only one). Secondly, we'd be glad to share our experience in translating and to find out what problems you encounter while translating.

I hope I don't get banned just because I wrote it in English. Cheers, mellyn!

~Starlin Elvea~

EDIT: if I understand it correctly (mere guess), you've been talking about copyrights. We have our translations on the web, password-protected. That's not against the laws, at least here. The password is guessable, though whistling.gif But you need to be a tolkienist to guess it anyway laughing.gif

----------
Ne gluži tulkojums - bet apmēram:

Piedodiet, ka iejaucos, un daru to angliski. Es esmu Starlins, un esmu lietuvietis. Nejauši atradu šo forumu - un tā kā šis ir pirmais latviešu Tolkīnistu forums (vismaz daļēji), nolēmu pievienoties.
Esmu lielākās Lietuvas Tolkīnistu organizācijas (www.tolkien.tinkle.lt) dibinātājs un biedrs, pie tam piederu grupai, kas nodarbojas ar Silmariliona tulkošanu lietvuski.
Tulkošanas procesā esam saskārušies ar vairākām problēmām (un vispār, pirms sākt tulkot Tolkīnu, jāapsver daudzie noteikumi - ko mēs saucam par "lielo tulkošanas sistēmu) - tomēr, šobrīd esam tīri labi iztulko'juši Ainulindale, Valaquenta un Beren&Luthien (vispar, uz datora man ir vairāk, bet tas vēl nav uz ziņojumu dēļa. Vēl. Ir arī daži citi teksti, kas nav no Silmariliona).
Tas notiek lēni - toties kvalitatīvi. Tātad, ko es cenšos pateikt.
Pirmkārt - būtu jauki iepazīties ar latviešu Tolkīnistiem (līdz šim sanācis sastapt tikai vienu). Otrkārt - būtu jauki padalīties tulkošanas pieredzē un uzzināt, ar kādām problēmām saskaraties jūs.

Ceru, ka mani neizbanos tikai tādēļ, ka rakstu angliski. Cheers, draugi!

~Starlin Elvea~

Šo rakstu rediģēja Nimue: 04.02.2005 17:33
Go to the top of the page

+Citēt rakstu

Sākt jaunu pavedienu
Atbildes
Nimue
iesūtīt 12.02.2005 13:10
Raksts #2

Istari māceklis

Grupa: Biedri
Pievienojās: 29.12.03
GP eksperts 2006

Of course you can tongue.gif

Just check the "gp grāmatas" and see how far Agronoms and Andza Aardh are with their translations so you are not doubling each other.

Or you can try editing the already translated portions - whichever you prefer smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Citēt rakstu

Raksti šajā pavedienā

Atbildēt pavedienāSākt jaunu pavedienu
1 lietotāji/s lasa šo pavedienu (1 viesi un 0 anonīmie lietotāji)
0 biedri:

RSS Lo-Fi versija Pašlaik ir: 28.04.2024 00:32